Noppadol Paothong is a nature/conservation photographer and has been focusing on documenting rare and endangered species. For over a decade, he has worked primarily on grassland grouse and their fragile habitat.
He is a staff wildlife photographer with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) and his images appear in the monthly publication, Missouri Conservationist, and many other MDC’s publications. With a monthly circulation of over 500,000, the Missouri Conservationist is known as one of the largest and high quality state conservation magazines.
His photos have also appeared in many national publications, including National Wildlife, Audubon, Nature Conservancy, Field & Stream, and many more.
Noppadol Paothong’s photography skills have been recognized by over seventy regional and national awards, including
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places & People’s Choice Award, Outdoors Writers Association of America
- Award of Excellence, Nature’s Best Photography Magazine
- Finalist in BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Award of Excellence in Wildlife, Nikon Photo Contest International
- Winner, National Wildlife Federation photo contest
- Award of Excellence in POYi (Picture of the Year International)
- Mark of Excellence, Society of Professional Journalists
- Picture of the Year, Associated Collegiate Press (3 years – 1997, 1998, 2000)
- Missouri Photographer of the Year